Learn more about the surgery and how having a CosMed registered nurse can help.
Looking to book a nurse? Fill out the form below to receive more information.
What is “Mommy Makeover?”
Ahh, the mommy makeover. One of today’s most popular combination plastic surgeries for women who have been through pregnancy and breastfeeding. The physical changes can linger long after all that “giving of life”. Am I right?
You might have had a friend who had a mommy makeover. They told you all about the work they had done. Maybe you think, I don’t need all that, or maybe you think you need more. Well, each mommy makeover procedure is custom-tailored to fit a patient’s unique needs. However, a mommy makeover typically starts with a breast and abdomen contouring procedure and then adding additional elements as needed.
Why do women get mommy makeovers? When you are pregnant your breasts and abdomen typically see the most change. This is why a mommy makeover will often center around breast and abdomen procedures. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breasts inevitability enlarge. Sometimes even more than a full cup size! The skin and tissues in your abdomen also stretch to safely accommodate your growing baby.
So, When your body goes “back to normal”, unfortunately, that means less volume and sagging breasts, and that taunt abdomen is not so easy to get back no matter how hard you work out. Not your “normal” prior to having children.
What’s Included in a Mommy Makeover?
Your mommy makeover may include:
• Breast Augmentation
• Breast Lift
• Breast Reduction
• Tummy Tuck
• Circumferential Abdominoplasty
However, a mommy makeover can also include a thigh lift, arm lift, or a Brazilian butt lift. When you speak with your surgeon, you will have to communicate what it is that has changed and what you are looking to improve.
Mommy Makeover After Care & Recovery
• No heavy lifting! This includes babies for at least six weeks after your mommy makeover.
• Do your research! This is a big decision. Make sure you find a surgeon that has a good reputation. One that you feel understands your needs and makes you feel comfortable.
You will need help! You will be sore, and very uncomfortable for a few days after surgery. Make sure you have someone who knows how to care for you. A family member might not fit the bill. Remember, someone still has to care for the kiddos. Someone who specializes in plastic surgery post-op recovery is the best option for at least the first 24-48 hours. You can learn more about that here: www.cosmedathome.com
• You will experience swelling. If you don’t see the full results immediately do not worry! It can take from 6 months to a year to fully see your perfection!
•Plan on about two weeks of recovery. The first few days are rough but once you get through that you will still be sore and need rest.
• Listen to your surgeon. It is important that you follow instructions and are careful about your movements. The results of all that work will depend on it.
• Enjoy your new body! You gave more than love and life to your family. You gave your body. It isn’t easy to get it back better than ever either. But SOOOOO worth it!
The CosMed Difference
CosMed at Home provides exceptional support and care so our patients can heal comfortably and family members can have peace of mind knowing their loved one is well taken care of. Combining years of expertise with compassion, our licensed nurses provide the one-on-one attention you need to make a quick recovery.
Our nurses understand the complexities of recovering from a Mommy Makeover, and will ensure proper steps are taken to expedite your recovery.